Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Entering Sweepstakes Can be SO BORING

So every now and then I go around and enter a bunch of sweepstakes hoping I'll one day win. It hasn't happened yet! That said, there are some good ones going on I'll share with you. Reader's Digest is giving 10 Kindle's away (complete with $40 in Amazon $ for books). readersdigest.com/kindlesweeps

That site keeps erroring on me, everyone must have got their magazine today and tried to enter or something!

There's also another site, fastsweeper.com that allows you to enter a ton of contests with one click. You can sign up and enter the first time for free, then it's like $28.99 for 3 months thereafter. They do guarantee a win though, so if you haven't won after 3 months the next three months is free, and so on, until you win. I have yet to win anything from that but I signed up about 5 months ago and sure enough, when I emailed that I didn't win, they gave me another 3 months free. I wish I'd win something already!

~~~
I'm still waiting on my Beauty Fix package, and it's driving me nuts because I know it's in my city! Will it get here today or tomorrow? It's frustrating having to wait!
I did recently get the new Intuition razor though, so I'll review that. First off, I LOVE Venus razors. Have been using them since that very first commercial came out years ago. I have super sensitive skin and never went back to anything after Venus. It was a 5 star product for me.
Until Intuition. I really didn't think it would compare, but it blew Venus away! I swear my legs have never felt this smooth before and I am now hooked for life. I keep eyeballing my Venus refills and telling myself I HAVE to use them before I buy Intuition refills, but I am tempted! The smoothness lasts longer, I find I don't need to shave as often, and my legs are bump free! With my sensitive skin and using sensitive gel and any normal razors, I break out all over my legs. With Venus, it wasn't nearly as bad but I'd still get a few bumps. With Intuition, nada!
So it is thicker around and bulkier, which I thought I'd hate, but I atcually love that. I don't think I've dropped it once, whereas the Venus' skinner handle gets dropped not a lot, but enough. Also, my Venus gets used up a lot quicker because it rusts or the gel stuff disappears from sitting in the shower. I know it comes with the handy case to stick to your shower wall, but mine never stays stuck. And if I take it out of the shower, I'll forget it until I'm in and needing it. So, it rots in the water. The Intuition has a nice cap that covers it and then some, keeping the water out and my gel fresh!
And it is smooth. I quickly gave it 5 stars, bumping my beloved Venus down to 4. Oh well, such is life.
~~~
And my new movie to review is Valkyrie. Okay, I didn't like it. Hate me if you must, I know the world loved this movie, but not me. I didn't hate it, I actually sat through and finished it, but it bored me. I'm not one for War movies anyways but this did look good in the previews. I just thought it sucked and dragged on. I mean, what was the point in making a movie about one of the 15-20 times they tried to take Hitler down and failed? Seriously? I think I'm done with War movies, and Tom Cruise, for awhile. I'm not a Cruise fan anyways, but, well, the previews looked good.
~~~
And on to my book of the "week". I am currently working through the May Bird series, I'm on the first book. It's dragging for me. It started off interesting enough; the main girl, May, finds a letter from the Ever After calling for help, and her and her hairless cat Somber Kitty go through to help. You'd think it makes for a great tale, but I'm just not feeling it. Maybe it's too soon after reading Un Lun Dun, because it pales in comparison and the stories are similar as far as plot so far. I'm almost at the end, because I am dragging through it, but I don't know if I can make myself read the next two books. Maybe if I take a break after this one... We'll see. Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment