Saturday, June 13, 2009

BeautyFix

I just found out about a new site/program called Beautyfix. Now, normally I am against paying for anything when it comes to trying stuff out, but I had to check this out. For $49.99 you get some of the season's top picks by celebrity's and their makeup artists. These are products worth hundred's of dollars and you get them at a deep discount to try them out and you can earn gift cards for reviewing them as well. Also you get another discount should you buy any products you like. The site link is here;
http://start.beautyfix.com/dms1106/

Now, I haven't gotten my first kit yet, but I did cave in and order it after thinking on it a few days. That's one thing I always try to do when making a big purchase, sit and think it over a few days and see if I forget about it or still "have to have it!". I found myself oogling the site itself many times during that time before ordering it and raving to others about it.

So, for $49.99 you get;
8 of the season's hottest beauty products (worth hundreds of dollars)
A makeup bag
Tips from the industries leading professionals
A $25 gift card to glow.com (after reviewing your products)

I just love the whole idea of this. I love trying new things, especially things I hear about on tv or in magazines that are hot items of the season, and this is a bundle that will be like X-mas at my door 4 times a year!

So yeah, enough about that! I will write again when it arrives and what I think of it all.

~~~
Next up, me and my husband just watched the movie Ramen Girl with Brittany Murphy. It was a cute movie and I liked that the setting was in Japan and showed a lot of the lifestyle and traditions of there. The ending was a little confusing, but we figured it out. Overall this reminded me a lot of one a few years back starring Sarah Michelle Gellar where she cooks and her emotions go into the food and all that. Abby (Murphy) is an apprentice for a great Ramen Chef and is learning how to do that while recovering from a break up with her boyfriend. Again, it's a satisfying movie but I did prefer the one with Gellar (which name escapes me). I give it 3 stars, because I did like it but I didn't love it. Again, the end was a little confusing and Abby was a little whiney for my taste. I wouldn't watch it again but it was cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment